The 11th edition of RUN ICELAND: Aug. 30th to Sept. 5th 2020.
The race is open to everybody, both pro-athletes and amateurs can run the breathtaking tracks of Iceland, the most amazing country in the world! The relaxed and friendly atmosphere you can find at every edition of RUN ICELAND will allow amateurs to approach this wonderful sport and the pros to test themselves surrounded by the unbelievable Icelandic nature! The original race course has been created in close cooperation with MARCO OLMO, 20 times finisher at “Marathon des Sables” and winner of the “Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc” (UTMB) in 2006 and 2007. It has evolved to a constant search of great, uncrowded and challenging trails all around the south of Iceland. Over 500 runners have participated at the different editions of RUN ICELAND and most of them had the time of their life.
RUN ICELAND is a multi-stage event (5 stages for 110k), the final result time is calculated by adding together the times achieved on each stage. Several activities are planned during the afternoons prior to the short stages. Sightseeings among glaciers and waterfalls, visit at the glacier lagoon, short walks and most places of interests along the South coast of Iceland. All participants are meant to compete; beginners can chose the easier 3x10km challenge.
After an incredible 10th edition where we travelled all around Iceland ran six stages we will go back to the roots, run some of the classic stages in the south plus a great surprise for your enjoyment.
RUNICELAND 2020 IS LIMITED TO 60 ATHLETES!!!! HURRY UP!!!!
RunIceland 2020 Entry:
in order to be officially signed up for RUNICELAND 2020 you need to pay 700€ (non refundable) At time of registration. You will have a week to pay this amount and complete your registration since you first signed up.
You then have time til march 31st 2020 for the balance. If you sign up for the race after this date you are expected to pay the amount in full at time of registration.
– Until December 15th : 1700 €. ( this incredible price will only be valid for two months since we open registrations on oct. 15)
– From December 16th: 1900 €
– Extra night: 220 € (Single room) / Extra Night in double: 180 € p.p.
– Supplement for single room: 600 €
The total cost includes:
– 6 nights in dbl/tpl with private facilities. ( from Sunday night to following Friday included)
– All breakfasts.
– 4 dinners.
– Transports, assistance before, during and after the race and guided tour along the way.
Not included in the price:
– Dinners in Reykjavik
– Transfers to and from the airport. (flybus will take you directly to the hotel and tickets can be bought upon arrival in Iceland)
– Optional tours and visits.